Aging in place is always a better alternative to nursing homes for elderly adults from the point of their emotional comfort. Likewise, recovering patients feel much better at home than within the walls of healthcare facilities. Galaxy Home Care live-in care services in Cedarhurst is an answer for individuals with complex needs requiring closer attention and ongoing assistance.
What Is Live-in Care?
As the name suggests, live-in care is a type of in-home care and support provided on a 24-hour basis. A professional caregiver will be around all day long, ready to help your aged parent or loved one at any moment.
Live-in care covers anything from consistent around-the-clock supervision to regular overnight care to continuous monitoring and support within a certain period of time.
Following basic live-in care rules, a caregiver should have a separate room with a space for personal stuff to stay in your home and 6 to 8 hours of sleep a day to have rest.
Overall, live-in home care services in Cedarhurst are about permanent individual assistance with daily activities to maintain a familiar living environment for people who can’t live alone anymore or need one-to-one care on a timely basis. You can also engage a skilled nurse within a live-in care program to keep your loved one’s special medical needs on top of mind when no doctors or emergency care are available.
What Do Galaxy Home Care Live-in Care Services Cover?
With senior live-in home care services in Cedarhurst from Galaxy Home Care, a caregiver can stay on the client’s premises 24 hours a day and be available to assist as needed for 13 hours per day. These home care services are primarily intended to help with the activities of daily living. Such assistance will enable your family member to remain in a safe and comfy home setting and give you peace of mind that your beloved person is taken care of diligently.
Our live-in senior care services in Cedarhurst ensure personal and social care and supervision that embraces:
- Help with primary individual needs such as hygiene routines, toileting, dressing, and eating;
- Emotional support via companionship, friendly communication, and interaction activities;
- Help with household tasks such as cooking, laundry, cleaning, and shopping;
- Control over post-procedure care, physical therapy, rehab, or maintenance exercises.
Live-in Care Benefits
In a word, this type of in-home care aims to improve the quality of life of individuals who can’t handle their daily activities and routines on their own, thus saving the need for them to leave their homes and move to specialized facilities.
The significant benefits brought by senior live-in care services in Cedarhurst include:
- Aging in place: Your loved ones won’t have to be placed in a nursing home or an assisted living community. Instead, they retain relative independence while enjoying the habitual comfort of their own homes and having stressful routines that become a burden set;
- Enhanced safety: Certain physical and mental health conditions incur a higher risk of home injuries. With a caregiver always on their side, your loved ones will stay safer at home and avoid multiple potential safety issues;
- Social involvement: Lack of communication and feeling of loneliness are two major factors that drag those bound to their homes into depression. A caregiver will help your beloved person live a normal life and keep doing things they like;
- The ultimate peace of mind for families: With a professional assistant constantly keeping an eye on your parent or other senior you care for, you’ll rest assured your loved one is under supervision and all their basic needs are met.
Is Live-in Care From Galaxy Home Care of Nassau the Right Choice for You?
If your family member can’t live unaided and permanently needs basic help but you can’t stay around all day long, live-in care is a great way out. It will ensure safety and comfort for your near and dear and make life much easier for you.
Every family is different, and every customer has a different situation. So, there is no one-size-fits-all solution, and an individual approach is the key to success when it comes to live-in care. Galaxy Home care relies on this when providing live-in home health care services in Cedarhurst.
We learn as much as we can about a client, their interests, habits, health needs, and overall lifestyle to find a qualified assistant and come up with a customized care plan that will best match both a client and their family.
We have an in-house team of experienced, skilled, and reliable caregivers we fully trust. All of them are selected with care and scrutiny and are passionate about what they do.
Who needs live-in care?
Most often, live-in care is a solution for elderly people with some age-related health conditions that require continuous supervision and assistance with activities of daily living. Likewise, it’s a choice for dementia and Alzheimer’s patients and disabled individuals. Besides, this type of care might be appropriate in short-term circumstances for rehab patients and those recovering after surgeries, injuries, or some diseases until they regain wellness.
How much do live-in care services cost?
There is no single answer to this question. The total price will depend on the scope and level of care, client location, and personal needs. In Galaxy Home Care, we strive to provide affordable live-in care services in Cedarhurst, yet each care plan is a custom solution, and the final cost varies. Feel free to contact us to get your quote.
Does live-in care embrace overnight support?
Basically, live-in care covers 24-hour assistance, with 6 to 8 hours for a caregiver to sleep. Should you need someone to stay awake overnight to support your loved one during sleep hours, there will be a need for a second caregiver to be in charge at night.