Aging doesn’t always bring serious health problems, yet, it often comes with a lack of energy and stamina decline. While it’s natural and normal, it makes the daily lives of senior citizens less comfortable since many of them fall behind on housekeeping chores that used to be part of their normal routine.
Galaxy Home Care Homemaking Services in Nassau offers practical assistance with routine household tasks and related activities to enable your older adults to remain in a safe, clean, and healthy home environment they love.
What Are Homemaking Services for Seniors?
In-home health services make aging in place an option, even if some special care is needed. With a caring companion or skilled caregiver on their side, senior adults get professional support and assistance similar to that provided in certified nursing homes and assisted living facilities. In the meantime, aging people don’t have to leave their beloved homes and experience the stress of adjusting to new living environments.
Senior homemaking services in Nassau are a part of Galaxy Home Care in-home assisted living programs. While nurses and personal helpers primarily focus on assisting with health-related issues, homemakers do a different job. They will handle housekeeping tasks your senior loved ones can no longer cope with on their own.
Our Homemaking Care Services in Nassau
Galaxy Home Care has a wide range of available homemaking services for seniors in Nassau covering:
- Making/changing beds
- Cleaning kitchen counters and appliances
- Washing dishes, cups, pots, and utensils
- Cleaning inside the fridge
- Picking up the trash from inside the home and putting it outside
- Doing laundry
- Cleaning bathroom equipment
- Sweeping/vacuuming and mopping floors
- Vacuuming carpets and padding
- Shopping for groceries and household chemicals
- Overseeing meal planning and preparing nutritional meals
- Cleaning up the kitchen after meals
- Transporting clients to shopping, doctors, clinics, errands, and outings
- Performing personal errands
What Are the Benefits of Homemaker Services From Galaxy Home Care?
Aging adults become more sensitive to the environment and atmosphere they live in. Maintaining habitual household comfort and convenience is essential for seniors since it lets them feel more confident and protected. For older people, homemaking assistance is more than simply keeping the houses clean and routine chores set. Hence, beyond practical reasons, homemaking care services in Nassau offer the following benefits:
- Adults who don’t need health-related help will retain independence and the ability to lead their common life;
- Rehab and recovering patients will be able to enjoy the comfort of the tidy and well-maintained home environment as well as to stick to their habits before they recuperate and will regain the ability to handle the household errands by themselves;
- Disabled persons and aged adults who don’t go out too often will have not only a home helper on their side but also a companion to communicate and interact with. This will help them distract from depressive thoughts and feel more involved;
- Homemaker assistance for older adults in Nassau will facilitate an easier transition to increased care should it be needed in the future;
- These services will provide family members with peace of mind knowing that their loved ones are receiving the care they need.
Are Homemaking Services the Right Choice for You?
How to know that your elderly loved one needs homemaking assistance? Some seniors might simply tell their families and relatives that once feasible home tasks have become tiresome and stressful for them, while others will strive to stay independent at any cost. The signs that your nearest and dearest needs household support might be as follows:
- You notice heaps of laundry piling up in the bathroom, dirty dishes accumulating in the sink, and home surfaces getting dusty;
- The bed stays undone more and more often, with fresh linens being changed more and more seldom;
- Your loved senior asks you to go to the grocery or mow the lawn too often;
- Your older family member is reluctant to go out, walk the dog, or do some relatively simple household things.
If some of those signs pop up as you visit your parent or other aging relative and you don’t have enough time to ensure decent homemaking help, reserve that job for Galaxy Home Care.
With a whole list of homemaking services for older adults in Nassau, our agency places personal customer needs and comfort at the center of attention. Feel free to contact us and let us develop a customized homemaking program that will match your individual situation to a tee.
What do homemaking services cover?
Usually, this type of assisted living service embraces simple yet important household tasks most of us do on our own such as vacuuming, cleaning the floors, washing dishes, doing laundry, etc. Other homemaking services can include grocery shopping and accompanying adults on some outings.
When is it time to look into homemaking assistance?
As soon as you notice that your loved senior gets tired too quickly when doing some simple things around the house, it might be the right time to seek assistance. Most often, people seek to take care of their aging family members by themselves, sacrificing their own lives and responsibilities. Consider hiring a professional company that provides homemaking services for the elderly in Nassau, such as Galaxy Home Care.
How do I find a good homemaking service provider?
A quality service provider is a licensed agency that employs a team of certified and experienced caregivers and offers a customer-focused approach. Galaxy Home Care has it all and is always ready to help.